lauantai 5. toukokuuta 2012

Oh the allergy!

My eyes were literally burning this morning and my nose keeps running like the niagara falls. Something tells me that spring has now officially arrived to Finland! I'm allergic to the pollen of birch, and it's been said by scientists that this'll be a really hard summer for people allergic to birch here.. Thank god I went to the pharmacy today and got me some eyedrops to treat the symptoms so I can go through the day without feeling like my eyes are constantly covered with sand.

Sara went to her mother to get her tape extensions redone to spare me from the job for once and Vanessa is sleeping in her room so I'm all "alone" now and the silence here is so relaxing that you wouldn't believe it..! I've been playing Assassin's Creed II and learning korean today. And what better way to learn how to pronounce and read korean than to learn k-pop lyrics by reading the hangul instead of the romanization! I think my pronounciation is quite good already, and I can also read hangul quite well. The challenge for me now is translating the hangul to english and from there to finnish if I have trouble with the english words.

Style of the day will have to wait until the evening, so here's some info about the products I use for my hair + the scents (perfumes) I use.

Products from left to right:
Backrow: Goldwell 5 hairspray, Osis Freeze Fix hairspray, 2xBed Head Hard Head hairspray, Goldwell Style Sign 5 hairspray and Schwarzkopf Got2b Glued hairspray.

Frontrow: 2xGatsby styling wax, 2xBed Head hair wax, d:fi molding creme, Fudge Hard Stuf hair gel, Osis hair powder, KMS California hairplay creme, Osis hairwax stick (which I don't even use anymore..) and Schwarzkopf [3D]MENSION molding wax.



What I use:
Hairspray: I use mostly Hard Head because I want to keep the hair firmly in place for most of the styles, but if I want a more flowing style which doesn't have to hold through the day I'll use either Goldwell 5 or Osis Freeze Fix. I used to use Got2b Glued a lot until I found Hard Head, Glued was a good hairspray with great hold, but it had the tendency of loosening up during the day even if it wasn't windy. Style Sign 5 is great for situations where I don't want the hair to be either firmly in place or too loose. Again, it has the tendency of loosening up during the day in a rather small wind but on a windless day it holds up fine.

Gel/Wax:
Bed Head and d:fi are the most used ones of mine. Bed Head is great for spiky styles where you need the hair to stay up, creating a "gravity-defying look" as they would say in a commercial. d:fi is good for the semi-loose styles where the hair is allowed to move around looking natural but still keeping a good hold on the hair, as is the KMS California. Combine any of those with the Osis hair powder and you can really create great styles. I again used to use Gatsby a lot before I found Bed Head, Gatsby is designed more around asian hair types, which are thicker than our caucasian hair so it's a bit hard to use properly, and it was really hard on the first few times getting used to the amount you need to really hold your hair together. Hard Stuf was a disappointment really, it seems more like real glue than hair gel. It also smells like glue. Using it in any amounts is really hard because it tends to harden up really fast and it leaves your hands looking like you just tried to glue your hands into something.

Onto the perfumes!:

From left to right:
Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Libre sample, 2xBeckham Signature samples, Hugo Boss Dark Blue, 2xMexx Black, Mexx, Adidas Dive, Bruno Banani Pure Man, Beckham Signature, Calvin Klein intense Euphoria and Calvin Klein Euphoria.

The stuff in the front is for the skin around my eyes as they tend to look really tired in the mornings, so those help out and work against the black areas under my eyes.


What I use:
My most favorite ones are both Euphorias, Beckham Signature and Mexx Black, followed by Pure Man and Mexx. I rarely use Adidas Dive anymore and, unfortunately the Hugo Boss Dark Blue has gone bad during the years since I bought it like 7 years ago. I'm not even sure why it's still there.. The YSL I've never used, it's not my style really and in my opinion the smell is awful to be honest.

Now that that's been covered, I'll leave you with this masterpiece of Skrillex which I found only a few days ago, if you like it, enjoy! And if you don't like it, well..too bad!

Skrillex ft Damian Marley - Make It Bun Dem

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti